Boruto The Final Battle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mob EXP Feedback.

2 posters

Go down

Mob EXP Feedback. Empty Mob EXP Feedback.

Post by Kurei Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:50 am

Plain and simple, I'm just going to put a lot of feedback on the EXP system changes in here. To start, I personally feel this should have all been implemented at once and tested on a 'clean' secondary server -- if the intention is to encourage pvping and squadding up, it's hard to do so when half the players were at least partially log trained or even possibly capped, leading to a bunch of different issues. So far, this is what I've found:

--Wolves are far too scattered, and in small clumps that can easily be solo'd by a Tai or Nin user with careful choice of movements. Hardly need a squad to mess with these, since there's no real danger of getting surrounded by them unless you do so intentionally. My suggestion would be to kinda clump the wolves together in heavy amounts so that they're at least partially threatening.

--Exp Rate on logs @ 305 a hit is far more efficient than farming Wolves and Rogues, especially at lower levels. Part of this owes to the rebalance of the mob levels, but I also realize that lowering the Log Speed anymore will end up being purely detrimental. I'd suggest setting a tiering system on the logs using a form of "If" proc for certain levels. For instance, if the player is lv1 to 500, the exp rate is 500/hit, but if they are level 501-1999 it drops to 305/hit, level 2000-3999 250/hit, level 4000-5999 100/hit, level 6000-6999 50/hit, lv7000+ can no longer use logs.

--Back to the case of the rebalanced mob levels, the logs currently outpace them to a significant extent, part of the reason for the tiering system suggestion above. To further elaborate, the rebalanced levels are far too random. Wolves are giving anywhere from 0 to 4, Rogues are giving anywhere from 4 to 12 depending on their strength, and I haven't rechecked the sub-bosses such as Zabuza since the update, but my hopes for them are pretty low. I think we need more mob variation, and a standard flow rather than a randomized system

For instance, if we split the current mobs into eight types:

Wolves
Alpha Wolves
D-Rank Rogue
C-Rank Rogue
B-Rank Rogue
A-Rank Rogue
Sub Boss
Boss

We could have a standardized flow as follows: 3->6->9->12->15->18->25->50 (Read the above list from top to bottom, numbers are organized in a right-to-left order corresponding to the list's order above).

There is already enough Icon variance to have four different types of Rogue Shinobi, and I doubt that anyone cares if Wolves or Alpha Wolves look different. Plenty of Sub Bosses are already technically on the map, such as that one guy in Rogue Tower, The Demon Mist Brothers in Waves as well as Haku, and most Akatsuki members who are effective S-Rank Rogues. Additional Sub Bosses could be made as "Special Bounty" variants of the Rogue Shinobi ranks, awarding the Squad who kills them a large amount of Ryo and possibly other consumables like Shurikens.

--Repop Timer @ 25 minutes is a big issue, especially if the Repop Timer is global. I would suggest having trash-tier mobs, so anything below a Sub Boss, on an individual timer of 3 minutes, to keep the need to move spots present, but while also encouraging smaller breaks from grinding as a result. I apologize in advance if I'm wrong on the timer, but it seemed like it was taking a significant while for trash mobs to repop.

--Do still have some small map grievances. The main ones being that there are not currently many Rogue hideouts, and the two that ARE currently in-game are quite heavily saturated with mobs. Doesn't encourage PvP if we have no reason to compete for larger spawns.

Combined with the above suggestion for splitting the mobs into different classes for some variety, I think we should have several small bases that are primarily D and C Rank Rogues, a handful of medium-sized B Rank Rogue bases, and two large A Rank rogue bases. Could even use Zetsu Messengers as the Sub bosses for these larger Rogue bases, as an allusion to how Akatsuki was supposedly manipulating all the Rogues from behind the scenes.

--Mob Killing alone may not be the best bet, might be a good idea to add Missions into the mix, maybe reworking the 'Bounty' mission for Villagers to where you can turn in 10 NPC kills of a certain Rank for X amount of Ryo and EXP. For instance, if your squad goes out and slaughters 50 D Rank Rogues at a rate of 100 ryo and 2 levels per kill, on Turn In you'd get 5000 Ryo and 100 levels.
Kurei
Kurei

Back to top Go down

Mob EXP Feedback. Empty Re: Mob EXP Feedback.

Post by Kurei Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:24 pm

Posting some additional feedback in regards to Log Training vs Mob Training at the moment.

--Defeating enemies for levels does not increase your EXP needed. Might need a formula along the lines of "Levels gained*10" to keep the EXP Needed in-line with terms. Should make sure it still recongnizes the 10k Needed cap, if the 10k Needed cap is remaining.

--In reference to the above, the reason logs remain efficient for so many levels is due to the rate at which the EXP Needed amount increases; this is especially the case for Lees who consume large amounts of stamina over a short period of time thus making the low-cost, low-effort logs more efficient until the EXP Needed becomes too much (305/hit on a 10k Needed cap means efficiency will not change until the player is capable of one-shot killing most of the Rogues, unless they're in a Squad which SHOULD be the case, but there are strange people who prefer solo). Might consider either removing the 10k Needed cap, or make basic punches consume less tai (Basic and Gouken Ryuu only) as this problem most likely spreads to other Tai users/Tai builds as well.
Kurei
Kurei

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Panda Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:08 am

Thanks for the feedback, I'm sure they are working on a system that can fit all ideas and fun for the server. =D
Not Panda
Not Panda
Admin

https://btfb.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum